- This event has passed.
Antique Snowmobile Bridge Crossing
December 14, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fourth Annual Antique Snowmobile Bridge Crossing
Our snowmobile crossing began in 2016 with 38 antique snowmobiles, increased to 60 machines in 2017 and 105 in 2018. The popularity for this event suggests there will be even more registered in 2019! Snowmobiles must be at least 25 years old or older to participate in this event.
The registration fee is $35.00 for the driver and machine, and $30.00 for a passenger. Driver's must be at least 16 years of age and have a valid driver's license, OR be 12-16 years of age, have a valid Snowmobile Safety Certificate, and have that certificate with them on the day of the crossing.
Online registration is closed!
Weekend Getaway Package
Registrants can enter for a chance to win a weekend getaway for two at Bavarian Haus with $50 gift card to Mackinac Grille and Mackinac Island ferry tickets from Star Line!
- We will be crossing from Mackinaw City to St. Ignace at about 11 AM on Saturday, December 14. You will want to make sure your machine is in the Colonial Michilimackinac parking lot by 10 AM at the latest. The address is 102 W. Straits Ave. Mackinaw City, MI 49701.
- Bridge toll is included with registration
- Packets and sign in will be available in the Michilimackinac parking lot until 11am
- If you have someone travelling with you but not crossing the bridge, you may want to have them take your vehicle and trailer to the ending location, which is the Welcome Center just past the toll booths on the right side of the road, on the St. Ignace side. If you don’t have someone who can do this for you, we will have a shuttle available as well. Drivers are responsible for their bridge fare.
- To utilize the shuttle service, please be sure that you drop your machine off at the park in Mackinaw City and drive your vehicle/trailer across the bridge to the welcome center. At 10:15 AM sharp, a St. Ignace School Bus will take you from the welcome center to the park where the machines and event organizers are located.
- At 11am snowmobiles will be escorted from the park to the bridge entrance.
- Drivers will maintain a speed of 10 to 15 mph in the right lane of the bridge and follow behind the escort. While crossing, please stay as far over in the right lane of the bridge as possible. In the event of a breakdown, we need to make sure the other machines can get around you and continue the crossing. You will be picked up by a trailer with a winch.
- Drivers will proceed to the far right emergency lane at the toll booth and then enter the welcome center parking lot
- Once you load your machine back on its trailer, you will drive your vehicle to the Little Bear Arena, 275 Marquette Street, St Ignace, MI 49781. Here you can unload your machines if you’d like and lunch will be served at about 1 PM. Lunch can be purchased separately, in case anyone who didn’t cross would like to eat with the group. The cost is $10 (cash only). Hot chocolate will also be available throughout the afternoon.
- T Shirts will be available for the event but are not covered under the registration fee. If you would like a T Shirt, enter your size in the registration form and you may pick up and pay for the T Shirt on the day of the event.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office at 906-643-6950. We’re excited to see you soon!!
Wheel kits must have 2" wide wheels for skis. No cleats are allowed on tracks. For questions about wheel kits, please call the Top of the Lake Snowmobile Museum at 906-477-6298.