Round Island Passage Light
For 122 years, the Round Island Lighthouse has withstood the harsh climate of the Straits of Mackinac. Built in 1947 to replace the Round Island Lighthouse which was showing signs of wear due to lake storms.
This modern concrete structure marks the Northern passage between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron, through the Straits of Mackinac.
The white obelisk has a flashing light and radio beacon on top.
Located just off the south end of Mackinaw Island, opposite the abandoned Round Island Lighthouse. Visible from any of the ferries traveling to Mackinac Island.