Moran 166 Gravel Bike Race
Essential information about the Moran 166 bike race:
- $10,000 cash prize purse for top 10 men/women of the Moran 166 main event. Prizes for top 3 men/women of the 66-mile short-course event.
- Moran 166 main event starts at 7:30 AM. Moran 66 short-course starts at 9:00 AM.
- We will have 4 aid stations. Please see Moran 166 FAQ for locations. (There will be no aid stations for short-course racers).
- The event will be timed by Superior Timing with additional splits at the aid stations.
- The average high temp in early October is 60 degrees F. The average low is 48 degrees F.
- Packet pickup will be at the start/finish area Friday before the race (5PM-7PM) and Saturday starting at 6AM.
Relive the pioneer spirit of Michigan’s Eastern Upper Peninsula and experience remote wilderness in its autumn prime. The Moran 166 is a legendary gravel bike race that charts the last frontier of the North. A deep-nature adventure through the Hiawatha National Forest, The Moran 166 is also a high-stakes gravel road race with a $10K prize purse.